Yesterday morning I attempted the doctor’s office. I was showered, tea in hand, at the office at 0650. Doors opened around 0710.
“Good morning Ma’am. What can we do for you?”
“I need to make an appointment. For, like, right now.”
“Oh… can you come back at 0830?”
So, I had to take an appointment for the following day.
8:30 the busses rolled out and we were on our way to the “Terrain Walk” — pretty much consisted of looking at land in Sierra Vista. I won’t bore you with the details.
It was great to get out of the classroom. I was happy walking around outside and hanging out with the other LT’s. We got a lot of good insight and learned more from physically looking at the terrain, opposed to on a map. I was hobbling around on my hurt foot. It ended up REALLY hurting at the end of the day. I couldn’t walk without flinching. OW! Pathetic.
Here’s some members of my squad looking out at shrubs. Literally. And I’m on the ground preparing a brief.
Here’s 2nd Squad! I’m sitting down, far right.
Annnnd… here we are working on our maps along the San Pedro River.
Exciting, right? Yeah…
Things I’m loving this month:
1. People making plans to come visit me in March. On my lunch break I talked to my cousin who told me that she’ll be in Tucson March 10th, along with one of our other cousins. So exciting!! And last night I talked to Nadine who is planning on coming to visit me at the end of March. My mom is trying to make plans to come meet me in Phoenix. And my Little is trying to get here, open space on a plane – willing.
2. Baked apples. It’s such an amazing natural sugar treat. I think I’m going to steer away from buying apples next week – I might be getting to carried away with this “treat.”
3. Naps. On my lunch break I usually try and run back to my room and lay down for 30-45 minutes. Nap time in kindergarten was severely under appreciated.
4. Elliptical machine. I know this sounds ridiculous coming from a CrossFit girl. But, it’s the only movement that doesn’t aggravate my achilles. I got on that silly machine for 50 minutes last night. I pretty much thought I was going to bash my brains out, but at least I had a magazine and burned some calories.
Things I’m NOT loving this month:
1. Caddy/Bitchy girls. I’m tired of hearing them complain and talk crap — all. day. long. By the time the day is over I’m so ready to put my headphones in and exercise off all the crap from the day.
2. Not being able to fall asleep at night. Last night I took a benadryl and it totally helped. I was asleep within 15 minutes which is HUUUUUUGE for me! But… That’s not always the case. I’m worried about creating a reliance on benadryl if I end up using it every night to sleep. I only talk 1/2 of one. But I still don’t like the idea of taking any form of medicine.
One more day of class work and we’re free for FOUR days! in 24 hours I’ll be en-route to Sacramento!