– Have you ever found yourself enjoying grocery shopping? It’s usually something that I rush through. I make a list ahead of time and try to get out of there as fast as possible. Not today. I found out that Tucson has a Sunflower Market. Um, hello… Only my favorite store. I think I spent an hour in there. I walked down every single isle. And looked at e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. I was in foodie heaven. They have so many cool things… coconut milk yogurt, quinoa tortillas, 0.99 cent blackberries, nutritional yeast, herb goat cheese… and the list goes on.
– While shopping I chatted with my love: G.I. Jane. She’s my kindred spirit. Always a joy talking to her. We’ve been apart since November. And in just 5 weeks, that will all change. I’m really busy during the weekdays, duh, so I love being able to chit chat on the the weekends. Sometimes it’s about nothing important. Other times… it’s pertinent, top-secret level, girl talk. Today it was about melatonin. And how I’d like for the grocery store to alphabetize their vitamin isle.
I will be taking one of these tonight before bed. 8pm bedtime is definitely in my near future.
– Ever since my cousin talked about TJ’s cupcakes, I’ve been craving them. I stood in line at Coldstone last night and ended up leaving because
I already ate frozen yogurt that day the line was too long. So when I saw these little beauties, I knew I had a winner.
I was ecstatic. That’s actually an understatement.
Blogging + Cupcake + Sunday = LOVE
– I didn’t eat lunch until 3:00pm. I thought I was going to die. And I’m not eating paleo anymore. So there. I’m doing whole foods instead, but with a paleo emphasis. And eating whatever the hell I want — in moderation. But not gluten. Gluten makes me feel like poop.
After making this decision, I read this:
So there. Bring on the oats and tortillas. It’s not like I was going to stick to paleo for very long anyways… who was I kidding?
– A straight guy told me which kind of jeans I was wearing today — and that they were awesome. I can’t decide if I dig it or not.
– I judge blog credibility by what the person eats. What’s wrong with me? I think I have eating jealously.
– Today I decided that I’m not doing the clench drill at combatives tomorrow. And if someone asks me why, I’m telling them, “Because my mom said no and she won’t let me.” Truthfully, I don’t want to get hurt. (But MommaG really did say that.) I was really sore yesterday from getting the crap beat out of me (by girls). I’m not physically or mentally prepared to have a large dude throw punches at my face and ribs. No thanks. I’ll take the wimp card on this one.
– I can do anything for 5 minutes. I can do anything for 5 days. Therefore, I can do anything for 5 weeks. 5 years? Now that’s a different. I have 5 weeks of training left. And I couldn’t be happier.
– I’m REALLY loving this song: Take Care (feat. Rihanna) by Drake. It’s been on repeat all afternoon. Pretty sure my neighbor hates me. oops.
– I’m psychotic. And I went to the gym tonight and did this, again. Except this time I did all 10 rounds. Apparently 13 miles wasn’t enough.
I almost threw up twice. This is a really hard work out. Or else I’m just really out of shape.
– The gym looks clean and sparkly during the day time. I like it so much better.
– Before I went to the gym I threw two chicken breasts and 1/2 of this (TJ’s Salsa Verde) into my crock pot.
When I got back, dinner was ready. What more could a person ask for… I mean, it’s basically an automatic dinner maker. You throw stuff at it and it spits out amazing-ness.
– Talked to Mr. Medical Sales today. I asked him, “Do you even know where I am?” Him: “Uh, yes… Mexico!” Me: “HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!” for 5 minutes, “EXACTLY!” He’s going to be in Phoenix next weekend. scoooooore!!
Well this pretty much sums it up…
True story. Sad story.
5 weeks kiddo’s. 5 weeks!!