Ever had one of those days where you just feel like pouting?
Maybe you shattered your brand new phone?
And then you went to go see if you could get it fixed… and learned that it would cost you another $200, minimum.
And then things start to turn around…
Boyfriend tells you that he might be able to fix your screen for $28.66.
Instead of wallowing in my frustration, I put on my walking shoes. (And a VERY colorful ensemble.)
While on this walk, I started thinking…
Because that’s what people do on walks: think. I really do love San Jose. I do. And I got to thinking of all the great things about living in the bay area.
Bay Area Greatness:
- The landscape is beautiful. There are so many trees, green grass and TONS of flowers. Just walking around my neighborhood is gorgeous.
- Amazing running territory. There are so many places to run — places that I’ve yet to explore.
- San Jose is only 30 minutes from the beach. Enough said.
- Beautiful people. Tons of fun restaurants and bars filled with young professionals. I like pretty scenery.
- Not too far from my family. I can drive home (parents house) if I need to. But far enough to be “away.”
It was delicious. I did my own rendition, of course.
MY Chicken Salad:
- Dump drained chicken in with mayo, TONS of curry, garlic powder and pepper.
- Add big scoop of almond butter.
- Throw in a 1/2 cup of trail mix.
- Mix, enjoy!
Okay, maybe not cleaning, but definitely soaking. This silver/grey wristlet is great, but gets SUPER dirty, fast. A little dish soap and elbow grease should do the trick!
Later, I whipped up a very, very green smoothie.
In the mix: coconut water, coconut milk, frozen kale, frozen banana and vanilla. Cold and refreshing — hit the spot!
I went to bed feeling happy and refreshed. All it took was a walk and a self pep talk. It’s amazing… all those studies done by doctors — well, they actually know what they’re talking about! Fresh air and exercise is the perfect medicine for the mind.
Have you ever had a day where exercise made all the difference? Was it just a funky mood?
I know that exercise makes me feel better, yet sometimes the hardest part is simply putting on my running shorts!